How to Participate
How to apply
Games volunteers must apply through the website
Please make sure you read this page before you apply.
Completing the application will take approx. 30 minutes.
During the process of entering the required fields, you may save the information you provided on the application.
Accessibility measures applied to the Tokyo 2020 Games Volunteers My Page
We regret that sufficient measures have not yet been taken to respond to people using accessibility keyboards or text-to-speech software.
We are currently working to improve the situation, and in October our Call Centre will be ready to assist those with a visual impairment. Further information will be provided in due course, and we will post on our official website the date when accessibility measures will be put in place.
Please beware of phishing and other cybercrime sites
There are increasing incidents where users are guided to fraudulent websites by clicking on a link contained in an email or a social media site.
Please make sure not to accidentally access a fraudulent website on the Tokyo 2020 Games Volunteer My Page.
We recommend that you access your My Page from this website or you bookmark the My Page URL (https://volunteer.tokyo2020.org/).
- Completing a new registration
- Reading through the policy on storing personal information, and agreeing to the terms and conditions
- Completing the application form
- Confirmation of e-mail address
- Launching of the Games Volunteer My Page
Confirmation before registering your Games Volunteer application
Personal computer, smartphone, tablet
|Browser||System requirements (OS and browser)|
|Firefox||Windows 7 or newer, macOS|
|Chrome||Windows 7 or newer, macOS
Android 5.0 or newer
|Internet Explorer||Internet Explorer 11 or newer, Windows 10 or newer|
|Edge||Windows 10 or newer|
|Safari||macOS, iOS９ or newer|
※ Please note that using other browsers may result in problems viewing the pages.
Please have an identification document ready
- Passport, Japan residence card or Japan driving licence
※ Please note that illustration is a simulated image
- Image data (JPG, JPEG, PNG or BMP image format)
※ This will be used for the photo contained on your ID card
- Please additionally have the following items ready, if available
Results of any TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent English language tests
Results of any proficiency tests in other languages
Information required on the application form
When applying, please complete the following items.
|STEP1||Name, gender, date of birth, special requirements or support, etc.|
|STEP2||Address, contact details, contact details in case of emergency, etc.|
|STEP3||Volunteering experience, education and/or work details|
|STEP4||Previous experience in foreign languages and/or sports, possession of a driving license, etc.|
|STEP5||Preferred type of volunteer activity (period, no. of days, volunteer category), etc.|
Also, please read through the below dedicated pages in advance if you have any preference for a specialist volunteer category/role, and/or if you have any preferred venue for your orientation session.
How to apply
Please read through the How to fill out the Tokyo 2020 Games Volunteer "My Page" before applying
- The closing date for the application period will be early December. Application registrations will not be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please do not confuse ‘Games Volunteers’ with the ‘City Volunteers’ being recruited by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Tokyo Volunteer Navi (for City Volunteers)
- Please note that your application ID and password will not be the same as the Tokyo 2020 ID.