Post a photo of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay (OTR) and share the excitement! Those who post the best photos will receive original goods from the OTR Presenting Partners.
Post your Olympic Torch Relay photo with the hashtag #HopeLightsOurWay
Post shots of the torch relay route, scenic spots in the local area and other OTR-related photos along with a message of support. Photos posted with the hashtag “#HopeLightsOurWay” will be accessible on the torch relay web site and social media. Your photo posted to the photo contest will help create excitement for the torch relay coming to your town!
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay #HopeLightsOurWay Photo Contest
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay Presenting Partners are welcoming photos of the torch relay based on the original theme of each Presenting Partner. Post your photo with the hashtag “#HopeLightsOurWay” and the designated hashtag of the Presenting Partner.
Run with your taste!
Take a shot along the torch realy route with one or more of the five Coca-Cola beverages (Coca-Cola, Acquarius, Ayataka, Irohasu or Georgia) and post your photo with a message promoting your local area.
- #TEAMCocaCola and #HopeLightsOurWay
Super Polar Bear Limited Pins for 50 people
Torch relay is coming to my town! Share the love for your hometown!
Spots known only to the locals. A symbol of the local area. Local specialties.
Post unique and attractive shots of your local area!
- ＃mylocallove and #HopeLightsOurWay
Towel distributed along the OTR route for 50 people
*You cannot choose colors.
Visit and share 'precious places' with someone special! Do you find one on the Torch Relay routes?
Post a photo of a place that has a special meaning to you and a person dear to you along with a message or an episode.
- #nissay and #HopeLightsOurWay
Nissay original Tokyo 2020 cheering goods set for 50 people
Cheer up Torch Relay with smiles
Let’s spread smiles through social media! Smile photo relay! Create excitement for the torch relay with shots of people’s smiling faces!
- #TEAMNTT and #HopeLightsOurWay
NTT original tote bag for 50 people
Outline of the photo contest
The photo contest is carried out jointly by The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020) and the four Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay Presenting Partners.
Post a photo that meet the theme of each Presenting Partner on Twitter or Instagram with the designated hashtag.
A special gift will be given away to 200 applicants (the Presenting Partners will select 50 each) who posted the best photos during the photo contest period.
Dates of the photo contest
From 3 pm on Tuesday 17 December 2019 to 11:59 pm on Saturday 29 February 2020
Precautions for photo contest applicants
- You must have your own personal Twitter or Instagram account.
- You must follow a Twitter or Instagram account designated by the Presenting Partner to which you wish to post your photo contest shot.
- You must post a photo with the hashtags “#HopeLightsOurWay” and “#(hashtag designated by the Presenting Partner)” on Twitter or Instagram during the photo contest period.
- You must have all rights to the photo you post to the photo contest. Your photo should be original and should not in any way infringe the rights of any third party.
- Winners will be restricted to residents of Japan.
View all precautions for campaign applicants.
“Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay #HopeLightsOurWay Photo Contest” Guideline
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020) and the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay Presenting Partners comprised of Coca-Cola Japan Company, Limited; Toyota Motor Corporation; Nippon Life Insurance Company; and Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) (independently referred to as a “Presenting Partner”) will work together to conduct the “Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay #HopeLightsOurWay Photo Contest” (“the Campaign”) using Twitter and Instagram. Among the photos posted with both common hashtags “#HopeLightsOurWay” and “#Hashtag specified by each Presenting Partner”. The judges of the Campaign will select 50 photos among the photos posted with both hashtags. Winners will receive a prize from the respective Presenting Partners.
① Choose a Presenting Partner and follow their official account on Twitter or Instagram.
② Make sure that you align with the theme stated by the Presenting Partner. Post your photos on Twitter or Instagram with both common hashtags ”#HopeLightsOurWay” and the hashtag specified by each presenting partner for an entry.
Note: Regarding the details of official accounts by each Presenting Partner, specified hashtags, theme, judges, selection criteria and prizes, check the official Capmpaign web site below.
The Campaign will run from 3 pm on Tuesday 17 December 2019 until 11:59 pm on Saturday 29 February 2020 (Japan Standard Time).
The selection process will start from Sunday 1 March 2020 to Saturday 7 March 2020.
The winner will be announced on Thursday 19 March 2020.
- Coca-Cola (Japan) Company, Limited: 「Run with your taste!」「“#TEAMCocaCola”」
- Toyota Motor Corporation:「Torch relay is coming to my town! Share the love for your hometown!」「＃loveforyourhometown」
- Nippon Life Insurance Company:「Visit and share 'precious places' with someone special! Do you find one on the Torch Relay routes?」「#NISSAY」
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT): 「Cheer up Torch Relay with our smiles」「#TeamNTT」
Anyone is eligible to apply.
Winners will be announced on the official Tokyo 2020 web site and on the official campaign web site organised by each Presenting Partner.
Each Presenting Partner will assign judges to review the entries, and the judge panel will be announced on their official campaign web sites.
The selection of the best photos among the posts with both common hashtags “HopeLightsOUrWay” and “#hashtag specified by each Presenting Partner” will be based on the selection criteria of each Presenting Partner.
The Presenting Partners will give away a prize to 50 winners each. You can check the prizes on their official campaign web sites.
- Applicants must have a personal Twitter or Instagram account.
- Applicants have to pick a Presenting Partner to enter the contest and must follow their official account on Twitter or Instagram.
- During the application period, applicants must post a photo with the common hashtags “#HopeLightsOurWay” and “#hashtag specified by each Presenting Partner” on Twitter or Instagram.
- The photo to be submitted must be an original work for which the applicant has all rights. The photo should not violate the rights of any third party.
- Winners must be a resident of Japan.
* An applicant can submit multiple entries, but will be eligible to win a prize only once. Even if an applicant submits multiple entries using different Twitter or Instagram accounts and is selected as a winner more than once, only one of the accounts will count as the winner.
* Once the applicant follows a Presenting Partner’s official Twitter or Instagram account and submits an entry, do not unfollow until the Presenting Partner releases a direct message (DM) to the winners (around March 2020). If you unfollow the Presenting Partner’s account before the Direct Message (“DM”) is delivered, you will no longer be eligible to win.
* Members of Tokyo 2020 and anyone involved in carrying out this Campaign will not be able to apply.
* We only accept individual applications and request all companies or organisations (e.g. local governments) to refrain from applying.
* When using Instagram, please note that if you add the specified hashtag to a previous post which was posted more than 24 hours ago, you will not be eligible for selection due to the system. The campaign office (hereinafter "campaign office") will only select photos that are downloadable from the system. Please refrain from inquiring whether your posted photos fall under the scope of the selection.
* Please note that if the following conditions, changes, or settings are made after you apply, your application may be void.
・ When you unfollow the official Twitter or Instagram account of the Presenting Partner
・ When you delete a post used to enter this Campaign
・ If you change your Twitter or Instagram account name
・ If you set your Twitter or Instagram account to private
・ If you delete your Twitter or Instagram account
・ If content you posted in the past is considered inappropriate by the campaign office or Tokyo 2020
・ If your account is considered inappropriate by the campaign office or Tokyo 2020
The winners will be notified directly on their Twitter or Instagram account. The notification will be sent from each official account of the Presenting Partners. After the winner provides them the necessary information, such as the postal address, each campaign office of the Presenting Partner will send the prize to the winners.
This campaign will be organised by each campaign office of the Presenting Partners.
Please apply only if you have read and agreed to all the following items.
（2） Each campaign office of the Presenting Partners will organise all operations for this Campaign. The campaign office may change this guideline if needed and take all necessary measures to ensure the proper operation of this Campaign.
（3） When applying to the Campaign, applicants shall comply with this guideline, and the guideline and operation method of the campaign office, and may not object to the operation method.
（4） Tokyo 2020, the respective Presenting Partners, the International Olympic Committee, the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay Prefecture Task Force, and other individuals or organisations designated by Tokyo 2020 may use the photos posted for the purpose of fostering momentum for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay or promoting the Olympic Movement. Applicants may not object to such use of the photos, including the non-exercise of moral rights, such as the author’s moral rights.
（5） Photos to be submitted is limited to the original work that the applicant has all rights and does not violate the rights of the third parties at all.
（6） Delivery of the prizes will be made only to an address in Japan provided by the winner.
（7） Prizes cannot be exchanged nor returned.
（8） Internet access fee and communication fee are the responsibility of the applicants. Access and communication charges vary depending on the telecommunications (telecom) company and the internet service provider that the applicant uses. For details, please confirm the contract with each service provider.
（9） Inquiries about the selection by phone or by any other method are not accepted.
（10） The winner will not be able to choose a specific prize, the delivery date, the delivery method, nor the delivery company. If the prize is not received and is returned to Tokyo 2020 or a Presenting Partner, it will not be resent.
（11） Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged, redeemed for cash, or resold in an auction or flee market.
（12） The campaign office and Tokyo 2020 may change the content of the Campaign without notice.
（13） If you violate this guideline or the guideline stipulated by Tokyo 2020, or if an illegal act is found in regard to your application, and the campaign office of the respective Presenting Partners determines your application is inappropriate, the campaign office may void your application or the selection as a winner without prior notice.
* The campaign has no relationship with Twitter and Facebook.
If any conflicts occur between the applicant and the third party during this Campaign, the applicant shall resolve the dispute at his/her own responsibility and expense without damages to Tokyo 2020 and the respective Presenting Partners.
Tokyo 2020 and the respective Presenting Partners shall bear no responsibility for any damages that occur to the applicant or a third party, including but not limited to network failure, computer viruses or unauthorised access to the Twitter or Instagram servers.
In addition, if Tokyo 2020 and the Presenting Partners determine that the applicant is in violation of this guideline, or if it is deemed appropriate, necessary measures may be taken such as blocking the applicant’s account. Tokyo 2020 and the Presenting Partners assume no responsibility for any damages to the account or to a third party.
In the case that Tokyo 2020 assumes responsibility according to regulations, Tokyo 2020 is responsible only for the telecom fee, and it shall be limited to the amount that the applicant spent to apply to this campaign.
This Campaign complies with the Japanese Law. Any disputes arising out of or relating to this guideline are conferred with the Tokyo District Court as the exclusive jurisdiction.
For any inquiries regarding this Campaign, contact to the campaign office of the respective Presenting Partners.