We are happy to remind you that now we have three official retailers outlets in Tokyo where visitors can see and buy a vast range of Tokyo 2020 Official Licensed Products which are only available in Japan for now. As we are increasing the products every season andcurrently offering approximately 1,000 items, it might be difficult for some international travelers to get an idea of what are available at the store and what are suitable for them.
So we have rounded up the five recommendations you should know before visiting the Tokyo2020 Official Shops.
1. It is truly a dream come true for anime lovers in the world! Japan's eight popular manga and anime characters, namely Astro Boy, Sailor Moon, Crayon Shin-chan, One Piece, Naruto: Shippuden, Yo-kai Watch, Dragon Ball Super and Maho Girls precure!, have come together for the first time in history! This revolutionary collaborative effort by multiple Japanese publishers has been realized to raise the momentum for the Olympic and Paralympic Games by engaging not only with the Japanese youth but also with overseas visitors. Since its launch in July, 2016, various types of products including T shirts, polo shirts, bento box, chopsticks, cap, tote bag, mug cup are available, and the newly designed T-shirts and button budges were added in the lineup from September 28, 2018.
2. A Folding fan (Japanese traditional fan : Sensu) is one of the most popular items for oversea visitors. It might be difficult to find it in the store for afirst timer as theshape is rectangle. So please check the photo above on how they are displayed to make sure you do not miss this popular item.
The prices depend on the materials utilized,, so the luxurious one uses bamboo and silk, and the less expensive options using plastic and paper.
3. For people looking for eco-friendly products, we recommend our chopsticks which are recycled from broken wooden baseball bats. The wooden material of the baseball bat is ideal for chopsticks as it has both a reasonable hardness and flexibility. Tokyo 2020 are committed to further accelerate activities to realise sustainable society through the delivery of the Tokyo 2020 games and showcase solution models to people in Japan and around the world.
4. Searching for a great Tokyo 2020 gift for kids? Children sized clothing is available with T shirts sizes starting from 100cm in heights – ( Approximately 2-4 years old Japanese children).
5. Lastly, but not least, there are many mascots related products available in the outlets. Many eyes are attracted to the plush toy mascots – Olympic Mascot, Miraitowa, and Paralympic Mascot, Someity. They are available in various sizes from SS to L. In addition, don't miss the miniature figurine measuring only 110mm height x 36mm Wide x 27mm deep. The delicately made resin key chain figurines are available forboth Miraitowa and Someity.
As the exclusive payment technology partner of the Olympic Games for 32 years, Visa is the only payment brand accepted in the Tokyo 2020 Official shops.