As was announced on 24 March 2020, the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020 has been postponed. The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will be celebrated from 23 July to 8 August 2021 and the Paralympic Games from 24 August to 5 September 2021.
In light of this postponement, the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games would like to state that tickets that have already been purchased will be valid for the same session on a new date where possible, in accordance with the following policies:
Tickets that are Already Purchased by residents of Japan through the Tokyo 2020 Official Ticket Website
- In principle, Games tickets that are already purchased will be valid for a new date.
- Your tickets will be refunded if you will not be able to visit the venue on a new date and wish to receive a refund.
- In the event that your place cannot be secured for a new date due to the change in schedule and/or venue, your tickets will be refunded.
- Previously, we planned to deliver the Games tickets from June, but we have decided to suspend delivery for now.
The tickets that have been already purchased will be handled in line with the above principles. We will make a further announcement once additional details of the Games are decided.
Tickets purchased by overseas spectators through Authorised Ticket Reseller (ATR)
On the other hand, the tickets that have been purchased through Authorised Ticket Resellers (ATRs) of respective territories will be handled in line with the ATR’s terms and conditions of sale of those tickets.
Tokyo 2020 is currently working to confirm updates and changes related to the ticketing programme. Once the details are confirmed, we will inform through ATRs the next steps and possible options for overseas ticket purchasers. Please kindly understand it is a time-consuming process as the competition schedule must be confirmed before the ticketing programme schedule and plan can be updated.
For more details on how to contact your ATR please check the ATR lists available on our website:
The Spring sales for Games Tickets
- The Spring sales of Games tickets, including in-person sales at TOKYO 2020 Ticket Centre Yurakucho, and the launch of the official resale service, have been suspended. We will review the method and schedule for the ticket sales and make further announcements in due course through this website and other channels.
Initial In-person Ticket Sales Using Postcard Lottery
- As noted above, the in-person ticket sales at TOKYO 2020 Ticket Centre Yurakucho have been suspended. However, we continue to accept the applications for the postcard lottery for the initial in-person Paralympic ticket sales during the original application period.
Currently, we have been reviewing how we handle this postcard lottery. We will inform you of our decision on this website and through other channels once it is confirmed.
Postcard lottery application period for the Olympic Games
- Between 20 February and 12 March: Closed
Postcard lottery application period for the Paralympic Games
- Between 13 March and 5 April: Closed
We will announce further details as soon as they are confirmed. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We are currently working hard to make further announcements at the soonest possible opportunity.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important information for those who have purchased tickets for the men's and women’s marathons
During the IOC Executive Board meeting held on 4 December 2019, a decision was made to change the venue for the men's and women’s marathons to Sapporo Odori Park. Because Sapporo Odori Park is a public venue, the men's and women’s marathons will not be ticketed events. For spectators who have already purchased tickets for the men's and women’s marathon events, please refer to the updated information below.
Residents of Japan
Important information about purchasing Tokyo 2020 Tickets
When purchasing Tokyo 2020 tickets, use the Official Ticket Sales Channels.
To avoid involvement in any criminal activities such as fraud, you are strongly advised not to purchase tickets from any source other than official ticket sales channels (i.e. Official Ticket Website, Official Ticket Box Offices or Authorised Ticket Reseller). It is possible that tickets sold on unofficial channels such as auction websites may be invalid or counterfeit tickets. The Terms and Conditions for the Purchase and Use of Tokyo 2020 Tickets specifies that entry to venues will be denied to individuals in possession of a ticket purchased from unofficial channels. Please take the utmost caution to ensure that you do not fall victim to illegal ticket reselling, acts of fraud, etc.
Improper acts relating to IDs, such as ID registration with false personal information, creation of multiple IDs, loan, transfer, sale and purchase and pledge of rights relating to IDs including allowing third parties to use IDs and passwords, and lottery applications with use of multiple IDs, are prohibited under the applicable terms and conditions. Upon the time such acts have been found, each of the affected applications, purchases and ticket purchased will be invalidated, and the related ID user qualifications may be suspended.
Enquiries by web form
Please note that, depending on the content of the enquiry, it may take some time for us to reply, and in some cases we may be unable to provide an answer to a specific enquiry. Thank you for your understanding.