As was announced on 24 March 2020, the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020 has been postponed.
In light of this postponement, the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games would like to state that tickets that have already been purchased will be valid for the same session on a new date where possible, in accordance with the following policies:
Tickets that have already been purchased through the Tokyo 2020 Official Ticket Website
- In principle, the Games tickets that have already been purchased will be valid for a new date.
- Your tickets will be refunded if you will not be able to visit the venue on a new date and wish to receive a refund.
- In case we cannot secure your place for a new date due to the change in schedule and/or venue, your tickets will be refunded.
- Previously, we planned to deliver the Games tickets from June, but we have decided to suspend delivery for now.
Tickets that have been already purchased will be handled in line with the above principles. We will make a further announcement once the details of the Games, such as the dates, are decided.
If you purchased a ticket through The NOC, NPC or Authorised Ticket Resellers from each country/territory, please contact them directly.
The Spring sales for Games Tickets
- The Spring sales for Games tickets, including in-person sales at TOKYO 2020 Ticket Centre Yurakucho, and the launch of the official resale service, have been suspended. We will review the method and schedule for the ticket sales and make further announcements in due course through this website and other channels.
Initial In-person Ticket Sales Using Postcard Lottery
- As noted above, the in-person ticket sales at TOKYO 2020 Ticket Centre Yurakucho have been suspended. However, we continue to accept the applications for the postcard lottery for the initial in-person Paralympic ticket sales during the original application period.
Currently, we have been reviewing how we handle this postcard lottery. We will inform you of our decision on this website and through other channels once it is confirmed.
Postcard lottery application period for the Olympic Games
- Between 20 February and 12 March: Closed
Postcard lottery application period for the Paralympic Games
- Between 13 March and 5 April
We will make an announcement as soon as details have been confirmed. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We are currently working hard to make further announcements at the earliest opportunity.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Information about purchasing tickets for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games
At this stage, only residents of Japan have been eligible to purchase tickets from the Tokyo 2020 Official Ticket Website. Overseas residents are kindly requested to purchase tickets from their country’s designated Authorised Ticket Resellers (ATR).
Latest sales schedule for Tokyo 2020 tickets
Important information for those who have purchased tickets for the men's and women’s marathons
During the IOC Executive Board meeting held on 4 December 2019, a decision was made to change the venue for the men's and women’s marathons to Sapporo Odori Park. Because Sapporo Odori Park is a public venue, the men's and women’s marathons will not be ticketed events. For spectators who have already purchased tickets for the men's and women’s marathon events, please refer to the updated information below.
Residents of Japan
Important information about purchasing Tokyo 2020 Tickets
When purchasing Tokyo 2020 tickets, use the Official Ticket Sales Channels.
To avoid involvement in any criminal activities such as fraud, you are strongly advised not to purchase tickets from any source other than official ticket sales channels (i.e. Official Ticket Website, Official Ticket Box Offices or Authorised Ticket Reseller). It is possible that tickets sold on unofficial channels such as auction websites may be invalid or counterfeit tickets. The Terms and Conditions for the Purchase and Use of Tokyo 2020 Tickets specifies that entry to venues will be denied to individuals in possession of a ticket purchased from unofficial channels. Please take the utmost caution to ensure that you do not fall victim to illegal ticket reselling, acts of fraud, etc.
Improper acts relating to IDs, such as ID registration with false personal information, creation of multiple IDs, loan, transfer, sale and purchase and pledge of rights relating to IDs including allowing third parties to use IDs and passwords, and lottery applications with use of multiple IDs, are prohibited under the applicable terms and conditions. Upon the time such acts have been found, each of the affected applications, purchases and ticket purchased will be invalidated, and the related ID user qualifications may be suspended.
Enquiries by web form
Please note that, depending on the content of the enquiry, it may take some time for us to reply, and in some cases we may be unable to provide an answer to a specific enquiry. Thank you for your understanding.