Tokyo 2020 will offer general training (group training) programs to help Olympic and Paralympic volunteers gain the basic knowledge they need.
From late September, we will be sending notifications to the email addresses registered in Step 2 of the application form, and each applicant will be required to attend one orientation session, which will last for approximately 3 hours.
*Overseas residents will participate in collective training in Japan just prior to the start of the Games. We plan to offer separate training for those volunteers during or after June 2020.
Please beware of phishing and other cybercrime sites
There are increasing incidents where users are guided to fraudulent websites by clicking on a link contained in an email or a social media site.
Please make sure not to accidentally access a fraudulent website on the Tokyo 2020 Games Volunteer My Page.
We recommend that you access your My Page from this website or you bookmark the My Page URL (https://volunteer.tokyo2020.org/)).
Procedure prior to the general training
- An e-mail entitled ‘request to reserve a place on the ◇◆Tokyo 2020◆◇general training at (name of venue)’ will be sent.
- Please follow the instructions contained in the email and reserve a place for your preferred date.
- Please ensure you arrive on time at the venue at which your general training will take place.
* please note that you will not be permitted to enter the venue ten minutes after the session has begun.
* please also note that you will be unable to enter the venue until 30 minutes before the session is due to begin.
Items to bring with you on the day of the general training
- Writing materials
- An item that can be used to confirm the barcode displayed on My Page