Traffic restrictions due to the holding of the READY STEADY TOKYO - Cycling Road Race on Sunday, 21 July
Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation with the traffic restrictions being put in place for the holding of the READY STEADY TOKYO – Cycling Road Race event
On Sunday, 21 July 2019, the READY STEADY TOKYO – Cycling Road Race will be held as a Test Event for the Tokyo 2020 Games. In line with this event, traffic restrictions will be in place from Musashino-no-Mori Park (Chofu City, Tokyo) to the Fuji Speedway race track (Oyama Town, Shizuoka Prefecture).
It is anticipated that the event course and surrounding roads will be extremely congested on the day of the event, and you are kindly requested to avoid the area if travelling by vehicle.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.
Competition: Men's Cycling Road Race
Name of event: READY STEADY TOKYO – Cycling Road Race
Dates and times: Sunday, 21 July 2019 12:00 – 17:15 (expected finish time)
Venues: Start – Musashino-no-Mori Park (Tokyo)
Finish – Fuji Speedway (Shizuoka Prefecture)
Request for cooperation with traffic restrictions
- Some parts of the competition course and surrounding roads will be closed to traffic. Please use the diversions that will be put in place.
- Please note that there will also be restrictions on pedestrian and vehicle (including bicycle) crossings along the course.
Crossing points for vehicles and pedestrians will be set up along the course. Please follow the instructions of the staff on duty.
- Please note that the traffic-restricted areas may be subject to change depending on traffic conditions.
- The stated traffic restriction times are anticipated times only, and may be subject to change depending on competition conditions.
Spectators lining the competition course
- Please note that there will be certain areas where spectators will not be able to line the course. Please follow the instructions of the staff on duty.
- Spectators will not be permitted to watch the cycling competition from pedestrian bridges, overpasses, viaducts, etc.
- If you plan to attend the event, please travel by public transport (train, bus, taxi, etc.). Please do not use a private vehicle.
- It is extremely dangerous for spectators to enter into the cycling course. You are kindly requested to refrain from such practice.
- Spectators are kindly requested not to enter into any commercial facilities, shops or privately-owned land for any purpose other than purchasing the products or services on sale at these facilities.
- Please refrain from causing a nuisance to local residents, business operators, etc.
Notifications on traffic restrictions for the whole area and/or local areas
Traffic restrictions are expected to be in place from 11:00 to 17:50.
For further details on traffic restriction times and areas, please see the below notifications on traffic restrictions.
Tokyo area (PDF: 855.6 KB) Chofu, Mitaka, Fuchu and Koganei areas（in Japanese only） (PDF: 1.1 MB) Inagi area（in Japanese only） (PDF: 603.2 KB) Tama area（in Japanese only） (PDF: 1.0 MB) Hachioji and Machida areas（in Japanese only） (PDF: 957.7 KB)
Information and enquiries regarding all event areas and traffic restrictions
READY STEADY TOKYO – Cycling Road Race Management Office
(open for enquiries)
10:00 – 17:00 not open on weekends and public holidays
10:00 – 20:00 7/13 (Sat)～7/20 (Sat)
9:00 – 18:00 7/21 (Sun)