The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020) today announced the completion of all new permanent venues for the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020. The construction of the Tokyo Aquatics Centre has been completed on schedule by the end of February. Constructed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG), the Tokyo Aquatics Centre is scheduled to be inaugurated on 22 March.
- Musashino Forest Sport Plaza (Scheduled completion Mar 2017). Completed.
- Yumenoshima Park Archery Field (Feb 2019). Completed.
- Sea Forest Waterway (May 2019). Completed.
- Kasai Canoe Slalom Centre (May 2019). Completed.
- Oi Hockey Stadium (Jun 2019). Completed.
- Olympic Stadium Japan (Nov 2019). Completed.
- Ariake Arena (Dec 2019). Completed.
- Tokyo Aquatics Centre (Feb 2020). Completed.
A total of 43 venues — eight new permanent venues, 25 existing facilities and 10 temporary venues — will be used at the Tokyo 2020 Games. With the completion of all new permanent venues, the overall preparation of all venues is progressing on schedule.