About the Games
The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee (Tokyo 2020) and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) are pleased to announce the outline of the train operation during Games-Time. We have coordinated special train services in conjunction with railway companies to extend the operation hours and increase the frequency to meet congestion and spectators' demands late at night.
We shall coordinate with railway companies to further increase the frequency of trains if required.
Details of the train services will be released in April 2020.
We hope you find this information helpful.
1．Train operation after midnight in Greater Tokyo area
Olympic Games period
Updates on released outline in March 2019.
- Service Period: After midnight Fri. 24 July 2020 to midnight Sun 9 August 2020
(Opening Ceremony to the Closing Ceremony: 17 days)
- Railway map (Planned extra services after regular train operation hours)
Extra service lines coloured in blue
Last train from major stations
Extra service at whole subways and Bay area
For more information, refer to the below
Paralympic Games period
Train services will be extended by 60 minutes after regular train operation hours for the Opening Ceremony on 25 Aug. 2020 and the Closing Ceremony on 6 Sep. 2020.
The schedule and areas will differ from the Olympic Games. Details will be released in April 2020.
2. Train services after midnight outside Greater Tokyo area
Additional train services will be planned after normal train operation hour as follows:
(1) Sapporo Dome Sapporo city subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line, and Toho Line JR Hakodate Main Line (Bound for Asahikawa) (Train services mainly on competition days that Games will finish at 10 pm is under consideration.)
(2) Miyagi Stadium
JR Tohoku Main Line (Rifu Line), Senseki Line (Bound for Sendai Sta.)
Sendai Subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line (Bound for Sendai Sta.)
(Train services mainly on competition days that Games will finish at 10 pm is under consideration.)
(3) Ibaraki Kashima Stadium
JR Kashima Line, Narita Line, Sobu Main Line, Sobu Line (Rapid) (Bound for Tokyo Sta.)
Kashima Rinkai Railway Oarai-Kashima Line (Bound for Mito Sta. and Oarai Sta.) (On competition days)
3．Train operation (except after midnight)
During the competition period, the number of trains as well as number of cars will increase temporarily on the train lines around the venues.
*【Venue /Train line】 (All are under consideration at this point.) *
- Olympic Stadium / Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Toei Oedo Line
- Tokyo Stadium ・Musashino Forest Sport Plaza / Keio line
- Venues in Bay area / Rinkai Line, Yurikamome, JR Keiyo Line, Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line, Tokyo Monorail, and Keikyu Main Line
- Kasumigaseki Country Club / JR Kawagoe Line
- Izu MTB Course / JR Ito Line
- Sapporo Dome / Sapporo city subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line, and Toho Line, JR Hakodate Main Line
- Miyagi Stadium / JR Tohoku Main Line (Rifu Line), Senseki Line, Sendai Subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line
- Ibaraki Kashima Stadium / JR Kashima Line, Narita Line, Sobu Main Line, Sobu Line (Rapid), Kashima Rinkai Railway Oarai Kashima Line
- Saitama Stadium / Saitama Railway Saitama Stadium Line, Tokyo Merto Namboku Line, JR Musashino Line
- International Stadium Yokohama / JR Yokohama Line, Tokyu Toyoko Line, Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue Line
- Sapporo Odori Park / Sapporo city subway, JR Hokkaido railway company (Under consideration)
Extra train services will be planned on the competition days
Extra train services will be planned on the Olympic competition days only
Apart from the train lines above, some lines have planned to increase their train frequency depending on congestion.
In case of bad weather or severe delay, train service might be suspended.