Due to the postponement of the Games, special train services scheduled for summer 2020 will be canceled.
Details will be announced after the Games-time schedule has been determined and discussions and adjustments have been finalised.
The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee (Tokyo 2020) and Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) are pleased to announce the outline of the train operation during Games-time. We have coordinated special train services in conjunction with railway companies to extend operation hours and increase frequency to meet congestion and spectator demand late at night.
We shall coordinate with railway companies to further increase the frequency of trains if required.
We hope you find this information helpful.
1. Train operation after midnight in Greater Tokyo area
Olympic Games period
Service Period: Midnight Fri. 24 July 2020 to midnight Sun 9 August 2020
(Opening Ceremony to Closing Ceremony: 17 days)
Railway map (extra services planned after regular train operation hours)
*Extra service lines in blue
Last trains from major stations
Extra services on subways and in the Bay area
For more information, refer to the below.
Paralympic Games period
Train services will be extended by 60 minutes after regular train operation hours for the Opening Ceremony on 25 Aug 2020 and the Closing Ceremony on 6 Sep 2020.
The schedule and areas will differ from the Olympic Games.
2．Train services after midnight outside Greater Tokyo area
Additional train services will be planned after normal train operation hour as follows:
(1) Sapporo Dome
Sapporo city subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line, and Toho Line JR Hakodate Main Line (Bound for Asahikawa) (Train services are under consideration for competition days when Games finish at 10 p.m.)
(2) Miyagi Stadium
JR Tohoku Main Line (Rifu Line), Senseki Line (Bound for Sendai Station)
Sendai Subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line (Bound for Sendai Station)
(Train services are under consideration for competition days when Games finish at 10 p.m.)
(3) Ibaraki Kashima Stadium
JR Kashima Line, Narita Line, Sobu Main Line, Sobu Line (Rapid) (Bound for Tokyo Station)
Kashima Rinkai Railway Oarai-Kashima Line (Bound for Mito Sta. and Oarai Station) (On competition days)
3．Train operation (except after midnight)
During the competition period, the number of trains as well as the number of cars will increase temporarily on the train lines around the venues.
Venue /Train line (All are under consideration at this point)
- Olympic Stadium: Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Toei Oedo Line*
- Tokyo Stadium: Musashino Forest Sport Plaza/Keio line
- Venues in Tokyo Bay area: Rinkai Line, Yurikamome, JR Keiyo Line, Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line, Tokyo Monorail and Keikyu Main Line
- Kasumigaseki Country Club: JR Kawagoe Line*
- Izu MTB Course: JR Ito Line**
- Sapporo Dome: Sapporo city subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line, and Toho Line, JR Hakodate Main Line*
- Miyagi Stadium: JR Tohoku Main Line (Rifu Line), Senseki Line, Sendai Subway Tozai Line, Namboku Line*
- Ibaraki Kashima Stadium: JR Kashima Line, Narita Line, Sobu Main Line, Sobu Line (Rapid), Kashima Rinkai Railway Oarai Kashima Line*
- Saitama Stadium: Saitama Railway Saitama Stadium Line, Tokyo Merto Namboku Line, JR Musashino Line*
- International Stadium Yokohama: JR Yokohama Line, Tokyu Toyoko Line, Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue Line*
- Sapporo Odori Park: Sapporo city subway, JR Hokkaido railway company (Under consideration)
Extra train services will be planned for competition days
*Extra train services will be planned for Olympic competition days only
Apart from the train lines above, some lines have planned to increase their train frequency depending on congestion.
In cases of bad weather or severe delays, train service might be suspended.