Solicitation of Public Comments on the Sustainable Sourcing Code for Palm Oil and Paper (draft)
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee) is working to ensure the broad sustainability of the Tokyo 2020 Games, including in environmental, social, and economic terms. As part of that effort, we have made a commitment to making sustainability a consideration in the procurement process during preparations for, as well as the hosting of, the Games. In March 2017, Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee announced the Sustainable Sourcing Code (1st edition).
Following this, Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee has been studying the “Sourcing Code for the Promotion of Sustainable Palm Oil” and the “Sustainable Sourcing Code for Paper” through discussion in the Working Group for Sustainable Sourcing. As drafts for these codes have been compiled, Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee is currently inviting public comments on them for future study.
Public comment period
Friday, 16 March, 2018 to 5:00 pm on Friday, 30 March, 2018 (JST)
Please fill in the required information on the following form and submit as an e-mail attachment
E-mail address for submitting commentsPlease submit comments to the below address:
Sustainability Department, Bureau of Administration,
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
E-mail address: sustainability(at)tokyo2020.jp
The e-mail address has been formatted to avoid spam. Please replace “(at)” in the above address with the @ symbol.
Please write, “ Comments on the draft Sustainable Sourcing Code for Palm Oil and Paper ” in your e-mail subject line.
Comments will be accepted in Japanese or English.
- Please avoid offering comments that do not relate to the Sustainable Sourcing Code(draft).
- Private individuals are welcome to offer comments.
- Comments may be published after the submitter's name and contact information have been removed.
- Please note that the Committee is unable to accept comments by phone.
- Please note that the Committee is unable to respond to comments individually.
- Please note that the Committee may seek further information about your comments as required.